It is tough, really tough to jot down some high-quality ACT Practice Test Online. To be frank, any types of such ACT Practice Test Paper online, are not that easy to provide.
What is American College Testing?
- The American College Testing Test (ACT) is a college admissions examination taken by high school-aged students to determine their readiness for college. It was first stared in November 1959. The ACT contains multiple-choice-question (MCQ) tests having four sections: 1. English, 2. Mathematics, 3. Reading, and 4. Science.
ACT Exam Date
- American College Testing Test was conducted 4 to 6 Times in USA in the month of in September, October, December, February, April, and June.
ACT Printable Practice Test 2019
ACT Registration Deadline
- Candidates who is willing to appear in the ACT test then he/she must register at least 30 days before the exam date. The coming test, the date is September 13, 2014, and the Registration Deadline is August 8, 2014. but if you missed it there is a late fee of around $22 will be assessed.
ACT Exam Pattern / Format
- ACT Exam has the following pattern and unlike SAT there is no negative marking for incorrect answers on the multiple-choice part of the test.
|Section||No of Questions||Time Limit in Minutes||Content|
|1. English||75 Questions||45 Minutes||covering usage / mechanics and rhetorical skills.|
|2. Mathematics||60 Questions||60 Minutes||Covering algebra, geometry, trigonometry.|
|3. Reading,||40 Questions||35 Minutes||Covering four ten-question passages from humanities, social science, and natural science.|
|4. Science||40 Questions||35 Minutes||Covering Interpretation, Analysts, Reasoning, Data Representation.|
|5. Writing Test (optional)||1 Prompt||40 Minutes||The prompts are about a social issue applicable to high school students.|
- Five prose passages of varying lengths make up the ACT English Test. The format of the questions that follow each passage are a bit more complicated than the Reading Test questions, although they are still multiple-choice. Each question is numbered and refers to the corresponding numbered section in the text. Most questions correspond to an underlined or numbered portion of the text, and you are asked to choose the best answer from the group, including the option “no change.” Some questions, however, refer to the text as a whole and are clearly noted as such.
- The ACT Math Test is made up of 60 multiple-choice questions, each of which refers to a graph, chart, word problem, or straight equation. In some instances, more than one question may be asked about the same problem.
- The ACT Reading Test consists of four prose passages that are about 800 words long, and each passage is followed by ten multiple-choice test questions. The passages are identiﬁed by a heading that will tell you what type of text you are about to read (ﬁction, for example), who the author is, and might also give you more information to help you understand the passage. The lines of the passage are numbered to identify sections of the text in the questions that follow.
- The 40 multiple-choice questions on the ACT Science Reasoning Test refer to seven sets of scientiﬁc information. This information appears in three different formats: data representation (graphs, tables, and other diagrams), research summaries (descriptions of scientiﬁc experiments), and conﬂicting viewpoints (differing scientiﬁc hypotheses or opinions)
Multiple-Choice Test Strategies
- Multiple-choice is the most popular question format for standardized tests like the ACT. Understandably so: Multiple-choice questions are easy and fast to grade. They are also popular because they are generally considered objective. They are questions based solely on information and do not allow the test taker to express opinions.
Multiple-choice questions have three parts:
- Stem: the question
- Options: the answer choices
- Distracters: the incorrect answers
Stem: If a = 10, then which of the following represents 803?
a. 8a + 3
b. 80a + 3
c. 8a2 + 3
d. 8a 3 + 3
e. 8a 4 + 3
In this question, the correct answer is b. The other options are all distracters. Here are some strategies
to help you answer multiple-choice questions correctly:
ACT Test Paper PDF
Here we put some ACT sample papers in PDF format, you can download the following papers, which may improve your test preparation.
ACT Test scores / Result
- ACT Test Score can be available in Online within 2 ½ weeks after each national or international test date. Test scores range from 1 to 36. A score of about 18-22 is average. 25 and above is considered a good ACT test score by many colleges. For scholarships, the minimum ACT test score required is above 30.
- ACT Results are accepted by all four-year colleges and universities in US and Canada.
- Check more details on the ACT on http://www.act.org/