SBAC Practice Test 3rd Grade ELA Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC).
Read the paragraph from the passage and the directions that follow
My Grandpa and Grandma have a farm. We went to visit them.
Grandpa had some new chickens. The chickens were not laying eggs.
Every day Grandpa checked to see if the chickens had laid eggs.
Every day Grandma asked him if there were any eggs.
Every day Grandpa said, “No, not yet.”
Then Dad played a trick on Grandpa. I helped him. We took eggs from the
kitchen and hid them in the chickens‟ nest boxes.
When Grandpa found the eggs in the boxes, he shouted, “We have eggs! We
have eggs!” He walked back to the house with a bucket of eggs. Grandma and
Grandpa danced around the kitchen.
“Where will I put them?” asked Grandpa.
“In the empty carton in the fridge,” said Dad with a smile.
Circle the letter with the correct answer.
1. The chickens were laying eggs.
- A. True
- B. False
2. Grandma checked if the chickens had laid eggs.
- A. True
- B. False
3. Who played a trick on Grandma
- A. Grandma
- B. Mom
- C. Dad
- D. Grandpa
4. When Grandpa found the eggs,
- A. he ran back to the house.
- B. he danced back to the house.
- C. he walked back to the house
- D. he walked back to the kitchen
5. Dad said to put the eggs
- A. in the empty carton.
- B. back in the nest boxes.
- C. in a bowl on the bench.
- D. In an empty bucket.
6. How do you know that Grandpa was excited to find the eggs?
- A. He danced around the kitchen.
- B. He checked the nest boxes.
- C. He put them in the fridge.
- D. He shouted.
7. What does the first part of this story tell us?
- A. How Dad tricked Grandpa.
- B. That Grandpa likes living on a farm.
- C. That Grandpa really hopes the hen lay eggs.
- D. How to cook eggs.
8. Another good title for this story might be?
- A. Life on the Farm.
- B. Dad plays a trick.
- C. Hens and Eggs.
- D. Chickens and eggs
10.Which of the following sentences has an error in grammar usage?
- A. My Grandpa and Grandma have a farm.
- B. Grandpa found the eggs in the boxes.
- C. In the empty carton in the fridge.
- D. The chickens was not laying eggs.
11. Choose the sentence that contains a spelling error
- kitchen and hid them in the chickens
- He walked back to the house with a bucket of eggs
- Grandpa danced around the kitchen
- Every day Grandpa chceked to see if the chickens had laid eggs.