Grade 2 ELA Reading Comprehension Practice Test #2 (Advance): You can download a printable worksheet in PDF. As part of the state test, anyone can practice this Grade 2 English Language Arts (ELA) Assessment Practice Test Questions Answers.
Grade 2 ELA Reading Comprehension Practice Test #2 (Advance)
|Test Name||State Test Assessment|
|Subject||English Language Arts (ELA)|
|Total Items||6 MCQs|
Title 1: The Mysterious Treasure Map
Olivia and Noah found an old treasure map hidden in their grandfather’s attic. The map showed the way to a hidden treasure buried in the backyard. Excited, they asked their grandfather, Grandpa Henry, for permission to dig and search for the treasure.
Here’s what Olivia and Noah needed for their treasure hunt:
- The old treasure map
- A shovel to dig
- A compass to find their way
- A metal detector to search for buried treasure
- A sense of adventure
Grandpa Henry watched as Olivia and Noah followed the map on their treasure hunt:
- They used the compass to find the direction they needed to go.
- The treasure map showed them where to search in the backyard.
- They used the metal detector to look for signs of buried treasure.
- When the metal detector beeped, they started digging with the shovel.
- After some time, they discovered a hidden treasure chest!
Olivia and Noah were thrilled with their treasure hunt adventure. They couldn’t wait to open the treasure chest and see what secrets it held. The mysterious treasure map had led them on a memorable journey.
Question 1: Where did Olivia and Noah find the treasure map?
- A) In their grandfather’s attic
- B) At the library
- C) In a secret cave
- D) Buried in their backyard
Question 2: Which two tools did Olivia and Noah use to search for buried treasure?
- A) Shovel and compass
- B) Metal detector and shovel
- C) Treasure map and compass
- D) Metal detector and compass
Question 3: What did Olivia and Noah discover at the end of their treasure hunt?
- A) A hidden treasure chest
- B) A lost city
- C) A pirate ship
- D) A magical garden
Title 2: The Friendly Robot
One day, Ella and Jake discovered a friendly robot named Sparky near their school’s playground. Sparky was unique because he could understand human emotions and even feel emotions himself. The siblings decided to help Sparky learn about the world around him.
Here’s what Ella and Jake taught Sparky:
- How to appreciate nature by observing trees and flowers
- How to ride a bicycle around the neighborhood
- How to read books to learn about different subjects
- How to express creativity through painting and drawing
Ella and Jake spent their afternoons with Sparky, teaching him new things:
- They took Sparky to the park and showed him the beauty of nature.
- They taught him how to ride a bicycle safely in their neighborhood.
- They read books with Sparky, discussing stories and learning new facts.
- They explored their creativity by painting and drawing together.
As Sparky learned from Ella and Jake, he developed a better understanding of the world and human emotions. The siblings and Sparky formed a strong bond and enjoyed their time together, sharing experiences and growing together.
Question 1: What made Sparky the robot unique?
- A) He could fly
- B) He could cook
- C) He could understand and feel human emotions
- D) He could control the weather
Question 2: Which two activities did Ella and Jake teach Sparky to help him learn about the world?
- A) Riding a bicycle and painting
- B) Cooking and gardening
- C) Flying a kite and swimming
- D) Building a treehouse and dancing
Question 3: What was the result of Ella and Jake teaching Sparky new things?
- A) Sparky became a superhero
- B) Sparky learned how to create other robots
- C) Sparky developed a better understanding of the world and human emotions
- D) Sparky transformed into a human