Grade 2 ELA Reading Comprehension Practice Test #1 (Advance): You can download a printable worksheet in PDF. As part of the state test, anyone can practice this Grade 2 English Language Arts (ELA) Assessment Practice Test Questions Answers.
Grade 2 ELA Reading Comprehension Practice Test #1 (Advance)
|Test Name||State Test Assessment|
|Subject||English Language Arts (ELA)|
|Total Items||6 MCQs|
Title: The Magic Garden
Sophie and Max loved spending time in their grandmother’s garden. It was a magical place where they could explore, play, and let their imaginations run wild. Their grandmother, Granny Rose, had a secret recipe that she used to make the plants grow faster and stronger.
Here’s what Granny Rose used for her secret recipe:
- A watering can
- Flower seeds
- Flower pots
- A trowel
- A bag of soil
- A sprinkle of love and care
Granny Rose taught Sophie and Max how to use her secret recipe in the garden:
- Fill the flower pots with soil from the bag.
- Use the trowel to make a small hole in the center of the soil.
- Plant the flower seeds in the hole and cover them with soil.
- Water the seeds gently using the watering can.
- Add a sprinkle of love and care by talking to the plants and giving them plenty of sunshine.
Over time, Sophie and Max watched as the seeds grew into beautiful, colorful flowers that filled the garden with life and happiness. The magic garden became a special place for the whole family to enjoy.
Question 1: What is Granny Rose’s secret recipe for making the plants grow faster and stronger?
- A) A special fertilizer
- B) A magical spell
- C) A combination of ingredients and love and care
- D) A secret type of water
Question 2: Which two steps involve using the trowel and the watering can?
- A) 1 and 2
- B) 2 and 3
- C) 3 and 4
- D) 4 and 5
Question 3: What happened when Sophie and Max followed Granny Rose’s secret recipe?
- A) The garden turned into a magical forest
- B) The seeds grew into beautiful, colorful flowers
- C) The flowers started singing and dancing
- D) The plants turned into giant trees
Title 2: The Friendly Forest
Lucas and Emily loved going on nature walks with their grandfather in the nearby forest. It was a peaceful place filled with wonderful sights and sounds. Their grandfather, Grandpa Joe, taught them about the different animals living in the forest and how to respect their environment.
Here’s what Lucas and Emily learned from their grandfather:
• How to use a walking stick for balance
• How to read a map to find their way in the forest
• How to use binoculars to spot animals from a distance
• How to identify different birds, squirrels, and deer
• How to leave no trace in the forest to protect the environment
On their nature walks, Grandpa Joe guided Lucas and Emily through the forest:
- They used walking sticks to help them keep their balance on the uneven forest paths.
- Grandpa Joe showed them how to read the map to find their way and avoid getting lost.
- Lucas and Emily used binoculars to observe animals from a distance without disturbing them.
- Grandpa Joe taught them how to identify the different birds, squirrels, and deer they spotted.
- They made sure to leave no trace by not littering and respecting the natural environment.
Lucas and Emily enjoyed their nature walks and learned to appreciate the beauty of the friendly forest. They knew the importance of protecting the environment for future generations.
Question 1: What did Grandpa Joe teach Lucas and Emily about the forest?
- A) How to build treehouses
- B) How to grow plants in the forest
- C) How to find hidden treasure
- D) How to respect the environment and animals
Question 2: Which two items help Lucas and Emily with balance and observing animals?
- A) Walking stick and binoculars
- B) Map and walking stick
- C) Binoculars and map
- D) Bird guide and walking stick
Question 3: What do Lucas and Emily learn about the different birds, squirrels, and deer in the forest?
- A) How to train them
- B) How to identify them
- C) How to feed them
- D) How to catch them